24 June 2007

Finally took some pictures of my trailer and the hatchery area, so I thought I'd post them to give ya'll an idea of where I'm living for the summer!

This is my cozy trailer:

The building behind it is the hatchery building, where they develop eggs and is where I have a real bathroom and shower, which is nice. Past the bottom left corner of the trailer you can see the grate above the outflow for the hatchery building. It adds a nice babbling brook soundtrack as I go to sleep, and is a great makeshift cooler for bbq's and such when I need more room to cool beverages than my fridge accords me.

When I'm not working at the library, this is my office:


That's the Pend O'Reille river; technically it's the river and not the lake, but in all other aspects it really functions as a lake still. Behind the river you can see part of the Selkirk Mountains, in and amongst which Sandpoint is nestled.

Here are some pics of the hatchery site and developing Waterlife center areas. You'll see the hatchery building, pools and some loading equipment for the tank-trucks used to transport fish to area lakes, rivers and such, and then what will be the interpretive center (the house under renovation), the pond and the amphitheatre/viewing area for the WDC:



And, finally, a couple more pretty pics from the dock. That's Game Warden Tom Whalen's boat cruising away after stopping by to say hello. There's no actual gangplank connecting the dock in the picture to the dock on which I'm standing, so I can't actually get out there yet unless I want to swim.


No comments: